According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 40 million adult Americans suffer from anxiety disorders. Young and old, people are living with anxiety due to stress, illness or aging.
The art of physical touch, massage therapy has been around for years and known to help decrease the symptoms of various physical and mental illnesses. Below are some of the ways massage can positively impact a person’s life.
- Increase a sense of calm/reduce anxiety after surgery.
- Reduce anxiety pre-surgery.
- Reduce trait anxiety with a course of treatment providing benefits similar to psychotherapy.
- Reduce the psychological and physiological anxiety levels in patients having cataract surgery.
- Increase neurotransmitters associated with lowering anxiety.
- Decrease hormones associated with increasing anxiety.
There are many different massage techniques today and may be covered by insurance. Make sure to always ask questions of your massage therapist and ask about techniques. you know your body best and what you are comfortable with.
Contact Covell Care with any questions about our massage therapy program. We would love to share what we are doing in the community and how we have helped clients through massage. (970) 204-4331 or https://www.covellcare.com/massage-therapy/